Bret Waters is a Silicon Valley executive and entrepreneur who has founded and run several organizations through various stages from venture funding through growth and M&A exits.
But running Tivix is the most fun he's ever had.
Bret is a regular lecturer on business strategy at Stanford University, where he teaches two popular courses on entrepreneurship and design thinking methodology.
He served as interim CEO for Stanford New Schools at Stanford University. He also spent six years on the board of the Stanford University School of Education, and remains active in the efforts to bring technology innovation to the field of K-12 education.
Additionally, he serves as a CEO mentor for the Global Social Benefit Incubator program at Santa Clara University's Center for Science, Technology, and Society, helping brilliant social entrepreneurs who are focused “Base of the Pyramid” markets.
Bret holds an MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
In his spare time he travels the world, in search of the perfect fish taco.
Blog posts by Bret
- I believe that social entrepreneurs can change the world.
- You know what's cool? A billion dollars.
- Culture eats process for lunch.
- Why the "Why?" matters.
- Security in the Cloud
- Building software that matters.
- Congrats to our client Marlette Funding
- Our thoughts on 2015 trends in software application development.
- We're looking for a few (more) great people.
- Thanksgiving Thoughts on a Great Team
- Fixed Mindset and Growth Mindset
- Steve Blank on Creating Innovation Centers within Large Corporations
- Big Data, Big Data, Big Data, Swing!
- How Mindfulness Saved My Life (and made me better at business).
- Creating Centers of Innovation
- Congrats to our client, SwiftStack
- Crowdfunding. The revolution is just beginning.
- Just Learn.
- Digital Democracy
- Content is King. But Platforms are Gods.
- Graduating from college? Get a job in sales.
- Why Presentation and Writing Skills Matter
- Mobile money is about to explode.
- Women, in Computer Science?
- Baltic Tigers
- Communication Breakdown, 2014 Style
- Gender Diversity in the Workplace
- Sankara Eye Care Institute
- The value of full-immersion kickoff meetings.
- Venture Capital Alternatives
- Growth Hacking
- Global Social Benefit Institute
- Founder Depression
- Avoid the Echo Chamber Effect (and launch better products).
- 3 Myths about MVPs
- Our Hiring Secrets, Revealed
- MOOCs, Revisited.
- Smartphone OS Market Share
- Mary Meeker's Internet Trends 2014
- Business Process Platforms for Efficiency
- 6 things I've learned about being an entrepreneur
- Brand Style Guides and Kick-Ass Applications
- Getting Stuff Done
- Managing Global Teams
- Tivix in Bend, Oregon
- Tivix in Poland
- On Entrepreneurship Education
- The Flock to Mobile
- On Entrepreneurial Success
- Tivix and the World Food Program
- Lessons from MLK
- Join us Jan 15th at the Entrepreneurs' Saloon
- Tivix to produce new platform for the European Commission
- Steve Blank on Metrics that Matter
- Thoughts on the Obamacare technology glitches
- Fostering Innovation
- Big Data Meets K-12 Education
- Avoiding Train Wrecks (and delivering successful software development engagements).
- 50 Coffees
- The mobile wave has only just begun.
- Hive Update - 22 million stories and counting!
- Congratulations to CloudVelocity on Closing a $13 Million Round of Funding
- Announcing Hive
- The new Tivix.com
- Our Neighbor
- It's About Execution - Nail It, Then Scale It
- Some Trends for 2012